AT THE SCENE
- Turn on hazard lights
- Get to a safe spot if you can
- Be careful exiting the vehicle!
- Call 911 if anyone is injured!
- Check to see if anyone is injured,
render first aid if possible
Driver & Vehicle Information – (Driver) get name, address, phone number, driver’s license number,state, expiration date, birthday. (Vehicle) Get the make/model/year/color, license plate number, state, expiration, and name, phone and address of the registered owner. Note condition and damage.
Insurance Information – Get the name of the insurance company, phone number, address, policy number and expiration, as well as insurance agent’s name and contact information.
Witness & Passenger Information– Get the names and contact info for any witnesses and passengers. If no one comes forward to volunteer that they are a witness, ask anyone present if they saw the accident.
Take Notes & Photos – Note the time of day, weather and road conditions, location, etc. Sketchthe position and direction of the vehicles, intersection, merging roads, etc. Take photos, including photos of documents (license, insurance card, registration), the location, the vehicles, damage, license plate, driver and passengers.
USE YOUR PHONE CAMERA to collect info at the scene.
DON’T ADMIT FAULT
AFTER THE ACCIDENT
REPORT THE ACCIDENT
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- File an accident report with local police and/of Department of Motor Vehicles as required
- Check your insurance policy for coverage details, and learn more about insurance related issues in collision repair here
FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED RIGHT HERE AT COLLISION 101
- Find out what every Honda owner should know about parts, repairs, insurance and more
Download a handy accident guide to keep in your car, just in case!