A Letter from Ralph Honda Management
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Status Update as of 5/8/2020
Ralph Honda Customers,
During these challenging times we sincerely hope you, your families and businesses are well.
We want to provide a status update in reference to business operations and the action plan currently in place to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers. Currently all of departments are open for business, however, we are operating at reduced staff to contain and limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our sales showroom is currently open by appointment only, and we are still offering virtual sales appointments and transactions. Future decisions concerning hours of operation and staffing levels will be based largely on the recommendation and requirements of New York State, local agencies within Monroe County, and the Town of Greece.
With this ever-changing situation, we are staying up to date with information from our local Rochester Automobile Dealer Association (RADA), WHO, CDC, NYS Department of Health and the Monroe County Health Department.
An emphasis on overall cleanliness and proper sanitation methods are already in place and have been a part of how we do business since long before the current outbreak. In addition, we are also taking several additional measures to help contain and prevent the spread of the virus:
- We have mandated that all employees who are ill, generally not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms of Coronavirus to stay home. They will be evaluated and cleared by their medical practitioner and then our own management team before returning to work.
- We are requiring that all staff in customer facing situations wear a mask.
- We have implemented a sanitization and disinfecting schedule for the entire dealership, with heavy emphasis in customer check-in / check-out and waiting areas, as well as employee work areas. This includes all high touch surface areas such as: phones, keyboards, desks, counters, tables, chairs, door handles, vending machines, bathroom, and like surfaces.
- We have implemented an additional cleaning and sanitization schedule for all chairs and surfaces in customer waiting areas and employee break areas
- We have removed all magazines from our waiting areas
- We have removed all complimentary food from our waiting areas
- We have asked our employees to wear latex gloves while in customer vehicles and to replace them after each vehicle they touch
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in areas throughout the dealership
- We have provided education and implemented proper social distancing techniques within our team. We will not be shaking hands, hi-fiving or hugging each other, or our customers anytime soon.
- Unfortunately our shuttle service is closed until further notice.
This situation is changing rapidly, and we will continue to diligently monitor it and provide updates as new information is released. Our priority is the health and safety of our customers and employees, and we will continue to make decisions based on the most up to date information, requirements and recommendations of state and local authorities.
Ralph Honda Management Team