Job Title: Sales Consultant
Job Title: Sales Consultant
Reports To: Sales Manager/Finance and Insurance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes and sells the dealership’s products and services through effective sales techniques and quality sales prospects by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
Greets each customer in a timely manner and determines vehicle needs by asking questions, listening and qualifying customers as quality sales prospects.*
Responds to customer inquiries by providing price quotations, relating vehicle information and receiving feedback to assure customer satisfaction with the dealership’s products and services.*
Provides effective sales presentations to support the dealership’s sales goals.*
Demonstrates various automobile features and extra accessories to customers as requested to include accompanying customers on test-drives.*
Prepares necessary sales agreements with price offers from customers; presents offers to Sales Manager for approval; negotiates a selling price within profitability guidelines.*
Obtains necessary purchase and registration documentation to include accurate customer information, credit details, and available bank financing.*
Completes final sale procedures by ensuring all necessary documentation for transfer of sale, vehicle registration, and automobile insurance is submitted.*
Ensures customers understand purchased vehicle operating features, warranty, depreciation if applicable, and related paperwork to foster customer loyalty and future referrals.*
Follows up completed sales via telephone to ensure complete customer satisfaction.*
Understands and supports the company’s sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to all customers.*
Reports complaints received from customers to the Sales Manager.*
Stays current on technological changes in the industry; understands automotive terminology and reports competitive information to the Sales Manager.*
Attends and participates in sales training activities on a continuous basis.*
Maintains a professional showroom and sales lot image at all times.*
Reviews and analyzes personal sales goals and methods to upgrade sales techniques on an ongoing basis.*
* Essential Function
1. Be flexible and responsive and work together with a sense of urgency toward a common goal.
2. Recognize each other for behavior that is consistent with our brand and desired company culture.
3. Proactively offer to help each other when workloads may be heavier or when someone appears
Exceeding Customer Expectations
4. Treat internal and external customer needs with urgency and provide a timely response.
5. Immediately acknowledge all customers and offer assistance.
6. Use customer names and escort them to their destination.
7. Go above and beyond for customers and build strong relationships.
Building Trusting Relationships
8. Always demonstrate respect and appreciation when working with others (treat others as you would
like to be treated.)
9. Say what we know to be true and not just what others hear in a respectful and timely manner.
10. Be knowledgeable of and support company policies and departmental goals.
11. Demonstrate pride and professionalism with clean work areas and personal appearance.
12. Offer customers alternatives rather than saying "No."
13. Proactively seek answers to your questions.
14. Be responsible with company assets (maintaining equipment, manage time and expenses.)
Dedicated and Knowledgeable
15. Be and ambassador and promote our varied enterprise, products and services.
16. Seek and use customer and employee feedback to find and share better ways to do work.
17. Strive to be an expert in the industry and share your knowledge with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver's License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands.